Unity College Commitment to the Community
Last updated on: 8.20.2021 at 10:10 am.
It is Unity College’s duty to provide and maintain spaces that are free of known hazards. As a result, we monitor public health concerns to safeguard our employees and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19. Although the vaccine is available, COVID-19 remains a serious public health crisis. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities Unity College has implemented the following guidelines for Sky Lodge and the Moose River Valley Community Center campus in Moose River, ME:
- Masks. Due to substantial spread of COVID-19 employees and guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces and when social distancing is not possible outdoors. Disposable masks are available for all guests who need one.
- Hand Hygiene. Unity College requires staff and guests to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is also available throughout our campus.
- Respiratory Etiquette. Music levels in public spaces are kept down low so people don’t have to shout or speak loudly to be heard. Singing or shouting, especially indoors, is discouraged.
- Physical (Social) Distancing. Being within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more (over a 24-hour period) greatly increases the risk of becoming infected. We are adjusting the size of our gatherings and events based on the ability of attendees from different households to stay 6 feet (2 arm lengths) apart.
- Gatherings and Groups. Events with more people increase the likelihood of being exposed. The CDC continues to recommend avoiding large events and gatherings. Indoor events, especially in places with poor ventilation, pose more risk than outdoor events. Event capacity is determined based on whether attendees from different households can stay at least 6 feet (2 arm lengths). As a result, we are modifying room layouts and blocking off seats.
- Touchless payment. Hand-to-hand contact should be avoided. Staff and guests will exchange card payments by placing them on a counter rather than by hand to avoid direct hand-to-hand contact. At this time, credit card payment is preferred over cash or check.
- Vaccines. All Unity College employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. According to Maine’s Office of the Governor, vaccination is the most effective way to protect you and your family from COVID-19. Vaccines are free and are available without needing an appointment. Click here to find a vaccination site.
Unity College policies may change at any time in accordance with U.S. CDC Guidelines.